Thursday, February 11, 2010

Introduction

Hello, My name is Franklin D. Roosevelt and I was the 32nd President in the United States. I was born in the year of 1882 to a wealthy New York Family. I served in the White House from 1933 to 1945 and was one of the longest serving Presidents in this country. I served during the Great Depression and World War II. I also helped with our countries' great domestic problem. I was a Democrat and I was Inaugurated at the age of 51. I served 4 terms as president. My wife and I had 6 children: Anna Roosevelt Halsted, James Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Roosevelt (III), Elliot Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Jr., and John Aspinwall Roosevelt. One of my children had died at infancy. My wife was named Eleanor Roosevelt. I married her on March 17,1905. She was one of the best ladies that I had ever known. She was also my 5th cousin. I went to Harvard College and then I went to Columbia Law School. My religion was Episcopalian. While I was in office, I had three different vice presidents. They were John N. Garner(1933-1941), Henry S. Wallace(1941-1945), and Harry S. Truman(1945). I served a long and powerful 12 years before I ended up dying of a Cerebral Hemorrhage. I spent most of my time in my presidency in a wheelchair because of a disease called polio.

No comments:

Post a Comment